Acting: Scene Study, Monologue, Character work, Shakespeare, Voice, Improvisation, Movement.
Singing: Individual 1-1 Singing Lessons, Ensemble Singing, Acting through Song, Pop/Rock Workshops, Repertoire Classes to build a comprehensive Audition portfolio covering all genres of song required for professional Musical Theatre auditions.
Dance: Streamed Dance classes focusing on Jazz and Ballet technique and Musical Theatre Routine.
Industry Classes & Masterclasses: Performance and Mock Audition classes with Agents, Casting Directors and other Industry luminaries.
Marketing and Business Seminars: Classes covering the entrepreneurial aspect of the Performer’s craft ranging from an Introduction to Marketing and Accounting to how to construct a Cabaret.
Industry Classes: At Associated Studios London are given throughout the course of your study. We are incredibly proud of the strong links we have within the wider theatre industry and throughout your training you will come into contact with a number of different agents and casting directors, as well as visiting directors, choreographers and musical directors who are currently working in the industry both nationally and internationally.
Casting & Mock Audition Workshops: Including sessions with Agents, Casting Directors, eminent performers and Industry experts. Marketing: Teaching you the skills necessary to become an independent professional performer including: How to write a good industry standard CV, getting your head shots right, writing to agents and understanding theatre terminology.
- Projects: There are many projects which aim to build the other tools you will require to succeed in the professional Musical Theatre Industry. Some of these are listed below:
- New Writing: Work with leading contemporary theatre composers on new musicals.
- Public Production: You will take part in a full scale musical that will be performed in a professional, central London theatre, after a production period of approximately 8 weeks. In this time all regular classes will be suspended and replaced by company rehearsals.
- Industry Showcase: The MA culminates in an industry presentation for invited Agents and Casting Directors in Central London.
- Extended Independent Study: As an MA student, you get to create your own cabaret show as part of your final module. This project enables you to self-direct a cabaret performance, as well as produce the show in full. You will book venues, arrange rehearsals and apply the gained skills and repertoire. The subject of your piece will be decided by you and what areas of theatre you wish to explore further.
*please note classes may be subject to change as we endeavour to tailor the programme to the specific needs of each year group.