We are currently taking applications and auditioning for places on all 2018/19 courses: 3-year BA Opera Performance Studies, 2-Year Musical Theatre Diploma, 1-Year Musical Theatre Diploma and 7&4-month Musical Theatre courses (commencing September 2018), and 1-Year and 4-month Opera courses.
How to apply:
You can make an application simply by submitting the form below. You can also upload your picture and CV.
Alternatively email your CV, headshot and a covering letter detailing your performance experience to email@example.com.
If you are applying for a course, and are invited to audition, there is a £40 audition fee to cover the cost of the panel and accompanist. The fee must be paid in advance of your audition to complete your application. Please call the office on 020 7385 2038 to pay by card.
If you wish to apply for a workshop, please email your CV and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no audition or audition fee required for the workshops.
How to Audition for a Course:
If your application for a course is successful, you will be given a date to audition.
Audition Requirements for Musical Theatre Courses
- If you would like to audition for any of our Musical Theatre courses please prepare two contrasting Musical Theatre songs lasting no longer than 3 minutes each, plus one monologue.
- There will be a short interview after your audition. Please use this time to ask any questions regarding our courses. Associated Studios prides itself in giving useful and constructive feedback at audition so that it is a worthwhile experience for you. We will also give you advice regarding which is the most suitable course for your level of experience.
Audition Requirements for Opera Courses
- If you would like to audition for any of our Opera courses, please prepare two contrasting songs/arias. One of these should be in english and one should be in a french, german or italian. We may film your audition so that our Repetiteurs can plan the Opera scenes should your audition be successful.
- Students applying for the BA Opera Performance Studies should send in a reference from their current singing teacher or Head of Music/Choir Master if possible. Please be aware that the BA Opera Performance Studies programme takes into account that young voices must develop slowly and safely. Please choose repertoire which is appropriate for your age and voice type. Lieder and chanson etc are welcome as well as suitable arias, especially by Mozart and Handel.
An accompanist will be provided at your audition. Please ensure songs and arias are in the correct key, taped together with any cuts or instructions clearly marked.
Please bring with you an up to date CV with your current address, mobile number, email and headshot attached, with your name and contact information written on the back.
- If you would like to audition for any of our Musical Theatre courses please sed in a video of two contrasting Musical Theatre songs lasting no longer than 3 minutes each, plus one monologue. You may be asked for a Skype interview.
- If you would like to audition for any of our Opera courses, please send in a video of two contrasting songs/arias. One of these should be in english and one should be in a french, german or italian. You may be asked for a Skype interview.