Associated Studios Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: March 2020
The Associated Studios holds regular auditions for courses and membership approximately once a month. There is an audition/application fee, payable in advance which is non-refundable.
Once applicants have been invited to an audition, they will be informed by a member of our office staff, exactly what they need to prepare and bring to their audition.
Musical Theatre applicants are usually asked to prepare two contrasting songs and a short monologue. Opera Singers are asked to prepare two contrasting arias. Acting applicants are asked to prepare a classical and a modern monologue.
The Studios requires at least one week’s notice to reschedule your audition.
Should you need to reschedule your audition within one week of the agreed date, you will need to pay a second audition fee unless you:
- provide a Doctor’s certificate to verify your illness
- provide a letter from an agent, or other written proof that you have had a recall/audition/professional performance, which you did not know about in advance.
Overseas students are asked to send a video link showing their audition pieces and a written reference, after which a Skype interview may be arranged.
Workshops and Masterclasses can be booked online, by phone – 020 7385 2038 – or by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshops and Masterclasses must be paid in full at the time of booking.
Any unpaid reservations may be released to other members.
Any cancellation made up until a week (7 days) before the date of the Workshop/Masterclass will result in a credit note for the full value of the workshop, to be redeemed for another Associated Studios event within 6 months of the original booking.
Associated Studios is unable to offer refunds, credit or transfers for any cancellations within a week of the date of the Workshop/Masterclass. No refund/credit can be given for a missed class.
Any Workshops or Masterclasses cancelled by Associated Studios will result in 100% refund of the cost of the event, but Associated Studios cannot be held liable for any other costs incurred by the participants due to the cancellation.
Members attend Workshops and Masterclasses at their own risk and Associated Studios are not responsible for any personal belongings.
Latecomers may not be admitted to a Workshop or Masterclass, and no refund can be issued.
Full-time and Part-time Courses at Associated Studios
- The following terms and conditions form part of your contract with Associated Studios, a registered charity (charity number 1152203) based at 204 Latimer Road, London, W10 6QY.
All courses and workshops will take place at these premises unless otherwise stated.
- A 25% (50% for international applicants) non-returnable deposit is payable on signature/return of the contract between you and Associated Studios. Final confirmation of your place will not take place until cleared funds are received by Associated Studios.
- The deposit payment is contractually binding and represents your acceptance of the contract including the terms and conditions and any addendums.
- The balance of the fee should be paid in full by the start of the course except where an instalment plan has been agreed and approved.
- Following payment of your deposit, you can apply to pay in termly instalments. Instalment payments must be made by direct debit on the 7th day of the month the instalment is due.
- The payment plan must be agreed by Associated Studios who will provide a written payment plan, which you agree to adhere to. Failure to keep up payments could: a) result in dismissal from the course; b)prevent you from appearing in any performance (including showcase); c) incur interest on outstanding balance.
- Associated Studios reserves the right to refuse admission to any person who has not paid the entire course fees in full, prior to course commencement, if other arrangements have not been made.
- Once Associated Studios has issued you with a contract you are personally liable for all fees due. The only exception made is where a sponsor notifies Associated Studios that they accept liability. Such notification must be made in writing.
- No refunds/rebates of fees will be made if you miss any classes due to illness or if you are absent from the course for any other reason.
- It is essential to provide the name and address of a Guarantor, who will act as surety on your behalf. A Deed of Guarantee, signed by your guarantor is attached to and forms part of your contract with Associated Studios. Your guarantor must be over the age of 25. This document will not be needed in cases where the full fees are agreed to be paid before the course begins.
- As a student of Associated Studios, your performance and progress will be constantly monitored by the Staff Board. Associated Studios reserves the right not to allow a student to continue with their training should the Staff Board not be satisfied with the student’s performance and / or progress. In this case, the student will only be charged for the training they took.
Cancellation and Modification
- Course cancellation by Associated Studios
Associated Studios reserves the right to cancel a course at any time. Associated Studios will make every reasonable effort to give registered participants as much notice as possible.
An example (without limitation) of a circumstance where Associated Studios may cancel a course is low enrolment. Courses are financially self-supporting and a minimum enrolment is therefore necessary to make each course viable.
Where a course is cancelled, Associated Studios will offer either an alternative date for the course, a credit of paid course fees, or a refund of paid course fees. Associated Studios shall have no other liability for cancellation including the cost of airfares, hotels or other expenses incurred.
In the event of a course being cancelled once it has started a relevant percentage of the course fee would be refunded to cover any training not taking place.
- Cancellation of course by you
If a student chooses to leave a course for any reason before its completion then full course fees would still apply.
If you wish to cancel your place on a course for any reason, you may request in writing that your place be deferred to a future course. Associated Studios does not commit to accommodate such requests, but, provided there are reasonable and objective reasons (with supporting evidence) for deferment, such as illness or a professional performance engagement, Associated Studios will make reasonable efforts to do so as a goodwill gesture. Decisions regarding deferment will be assessed on a case-by-case-basis by Associated Studios. Should deferment not be possible, then you will forfeit any course fees paid and shall be obliged to pay any balance of course fees still outstanding on the respective due dates.
Please note that a deferral claim may only be made once per student any future claims will be null and void after the first has been requested.
If the student chooses to withdraw their application, written notice must be received three months prior to the start date of the course to receive a 50% refund of any fees paid, or two months prior to the start of the course to receive a 25% refund of any fees paid (this does not include the deposit which is non-refundable). If you wish to withdraw after this date your full fee will still apply.
If you cancel or fail to attend the course for any reason, without the prior written agreement of Associated Studios, the full course fees are payable by you and are not refundable.
Associated Studios shall have no liability to the Students for the cost of the course or any part of it or for any loss or damage suffered or incurred by the Students if on any one or more days of the run the course is closed or the services being offered cease in circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Associated Studios.
In the event of (but not limited to) any of the following acts include war, riots, fire, flood, hurricane, typhoon, earthquake, lightning, explosion, strikes, lockouts, slowdowns, prolonged shortage of energy supplies, and acts of state or governmental action prohibiting or impeding any party from performing its respective obligations under the contract.
Associated Studios financial obligations shall be suspended for the duration of such times. Resumption of courses shall at Associated Studios discretion. In the event that resumption of courses may not be agreed within a reasonable time frame both parties shall negotiate a full and final financial settlement in good faith under the general terms and conditions of this Agreement.
No responsibility is accepted for any breakdown failure or defect in any of the Equipment which could not be reasonably foreseen by Associated Studios nor shall Associated Studios be held liable for any consequences attributable to any termination breakdown or interruption of the supplies of electricity gas or water or other services outside its control.
Intellectual Property & Data Protection
- Associated Studios retains all intellectual property rights in the courses and course materials, as well as any materials developed during the course. Associated Studios grants you a revocable, non-exclusive license to use such materials solely for the purpose of, and while, participating in the courses.
- Associated Studios may take visual and/or audio recordings and photographs of participants/students and reserves the right to use these, and/or the participant’s/students name, for promotional, management or educational purposes in the UK or overseas. You are deemed to consent to this unless you notify Associated Studios otherwise in writing, prior to the start of each course.
- You agree that Associated Studios and other companies in the Associated Studios group of companies may use any data provided by you for management analysis and monitoring, the purchase and supply of materials, administration of customer accounts and the advertising of services and products provided by Associated Studios companies. You have certain rights under the law (exercisable by contacting Associated Studios) to have access to, rectify, object to the use for direct marketing of, or delete personal data held by Associated Studios about you.
Code of Conduct
- The following conduct is expected: You must be punctual. It is essential that you are ready and prepared to start your class on time (this includes giving yourself time to change into suitable clothing for the class). If you are at all late you will be excluded from the remainder of that class class, with the exception of extreme circumstances communicated to the office prior to arrival.
You must ask permission to be absent from any of the classes. In case of illness, Associated Studios must be informed by phone as soon as possible.
Mobile phones are to remain switched off at all times for the duration of the class, unless you have been told by your tutor that you can use them to record. Phones disturbing classes may be confiscated at the discretion of Associated Studios Staff members.
You are expected to behave in a professional courteous manner towards staff and fellow participants.
Smoking is not allowed in any of our venues.
Any person found in possession of, or using drugs other than those specifically prescribed for them, during class time will be dismissed.
Alcoholic drink is not allowed in class and anyone found under the influence of alcohol whilst required for class will be suspended pending further investigation.
In the interest of all course participants, Associated Studios reserves the right to enforce the removal of any participant from the course whose behaviour or demeanour is, in Associated Studios’ reasonable view, considered unacceptable and which could be deemed to bring Associated Studios into disrepute
- Whilst you are not legally obliged to provide details of pre-existing medical condition, if you are found to have an undisclosed condition that could compromise the safety of you, a colleague or member of staff whilst on the course, your place on the course may be jeopardised.
If you are absent from classes for more than 3 consecutive days, or 5 non-consecutive days within a four week period you must provide Associated Studios with a doctor’s certificate
- Associated Studios will only be liable for failure to act with reasonable care and skill. Associated Studios’ liability (whether under this contract or in tort, or on any other basis, and including in cases of intentional wrongful actions) shall be exclusively governed by these terms and (save in the case of personal injury, death or fraud) limited to proven damages not exceeding the course fees actually paid by (and not reimbursed to) you.
- Associated Studios shall have no liability for any purely financial loss, such as loss of revenue, profit, opportunity, goodwill, use, alternate courses, reputation or data, nor for any consequential or indirect loss.
Associated Studios shall have no liability for events beyond Associated Studios’ control (such as, without limitation, bad weather, fire, flood, war, hostilities, civil disturbance, acts of government or other authorities and labour disputes or obligations affecting AS or some other party).
- To the extent permitted by law, claims against Associated Studios in connection with any course shall be prescribed and barred by expiration of time, unless legal proceedings are brought and written notice of them is given to Associated Studios within eight months of the end of the relevant course.
- Associated Studios shall have no liability for the Immigration status of course participants in the UK. Course participants shall be solely responsible for ensuring that they meet the relevant entry and leave protocols for the United Kingdom and shall undertake all necessary applications separate from Associated Studios who shall not act as sponsors for entry.
The Associated Studios are unable to assist with any visa or migration related issues. To verify you fulfill the criteria to enter the UK, please check with the UKBA. It is the responsibility of each applicant to research their visa requirements before committing to any of our courses.
Associated Studios will require copies of all documents, including a copy of the back page of the student’s passport, which confirms eligibility to study with Associated Studios and in the UK and proof of the participant’s UK address (when available).
Equality and Diversity
- Associated Studios is committed to Equality and Diversity and to generating and sustaining a supportive and positive environment for staff and members. No individual person will be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy, race, religion and beliefs and sexual orientation. Any infringements pertaining to above should be immediately reported to a member of Associated Studios office staff.
- Any course descriptions appearing in print/digital format are to be seen as a guide only. Alterations to the program may occasionally be necessary due to circumstances beyond our control. This could include change of venue, change of course dates, change of course times and change of tutors. This may take effect without prior warning or notice but Associated Studios will endeavour to provide full notice whenever possible.
- If your course includes 1-2-1 coaching or you have elected to use the option of additional coachings you are agreeing to undertake them under the following conditions:
- a) Coachings must be used by the end of your course, no additional time will be awarded in lieu of absence, sickness, or extenuating circumstance, unless formally applied for in writing , with a
minimum of 14 days notice. There is no cash refund or credit given for any coachings not used.
- b) Coachings may only be taken with recognised Associated Studios coaches for an allocated period of time, this is usually 45 minutes per session, but will be confirmed by the office at the start of the course. Any additional time spent with coaches will be at a cost to the student and will need to be arranged directly with the coach.
- If you wish to discuss anything pertaining to the course with a member of the Associated Studios staff, you may visit us in our office at a pre agreed time or by calling on Tel: 07488727667
- It is the intention of Associated Studios that all the terms of the contract between it and you are contained in this document and in Associated Studios’ notice of acceptance. If you wish to rely on any variation to these terms, you must ensure that this is recorded in writing and signed by you and on behalf of Associated Studios before the course commences. However, Associated Studios reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions from time to time and the current version will be that published on the website www.associatedstudios.co.uk. Any waiver of these terms and conditions in a particular circumstance from time to time shall not be deemed to be a waiver for the future.
- By applying for and attending the course, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
These terms and conditions are governed by English law, and the parties consent to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Nothing in these terms or any changes to these terms will create any rights for third parties under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act 1999. This will not affect any rights of third parties that exist apart from that Act.
Last Updated: October 2019