APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR 2018!
4 Month Part-time Musical Theatre Foundation Course
15th April 2018 – 31st July 2018
Sundays 1pm – 8pm
Tuesday and Wednesday Evenings 6.30pm – 9.30pm
(Half-Term Break Sunday 3rd June 2018)
Entry is via audition only. Auditions are held throughout the year. We also run one-day workshop auditions.
Please prepare two contrasting musical theatre songs and a short monologue, no longer than 3 mins each.
Individual audition fee: £30 (non-refundable)/ Workshop auditions: £40.
E-mail email@example.com or call 020 7385 2038
About the course:
This Foundation course focuses on developing the performers’ vocal, acting and dance skills, with a view to further training after the course.
You will be on a dynamic and rigorous schedule over an intensive four months. This course is for performers who have the ability and potential to pursue a career in the Musical Theatre Industry. Throughout the course you will work with well-known industry practitioners including Directors, Musical Directors, Choreographers and Vocal Coaches. During the course we will focus on building a suitable audition repertoire folder in addition to honing your craft and laying the building blocks in Acting, Singing and Dance. This course is ideal for Actors who want to break into Musical Theatre and for Dancers who want to work on their singing and acting and become triple threat performers. As a Foundation programme, this course will accept students with less performing experience, however the standard of training is exactly the same.
“Associated Studios offers the highest level of training” Neil Rutherford: Casting Director
Singing and Performance Classes include:
- Performance classes with leading Musical Directors, Performance Coaches and Directors. These classes develop your presentation skills, build your Audition Rep folder, develop your ability to make specific artistic and musical choices and teach you to ‘lengthen your long rope’.
- Vocal Technique classes building the vocal, physical and mental stamina required to succeed in a competitive business as well as encouraging a rigorous practice regime
- Repertoire classes to learn how to choose successful repertoire and discover and develop your unique selling point and casting
- 32-Bar classes teaching you how to cut songs appropriately and how to give of your best in a short space of time
- Composer project classes focusing on particular Musical Theatre composers and teaching you style, performance history and furthering your knowledge of Musical Theatre History
- Performance confidence classes addressing the fact that many performers deal with anxiety, stage fright and lack of confidence. These sessions allow you to work through these challenges in a supportive and safe environment.
- Optional packages for affordable one to one singing lessons with leading vocal coaches.
- Marketing classes teaching you how to write a good industry standard CV, getting your head shots right, Agents, Theatre terminology and other skills
Acting Classes include:
- Text Classes
- Classes exploring Method and Actioning
- Classes exploring how to handle the heightened acting style required in Panto and some Musical Theatre shows
- Classes guiding you to choose suitable monologues and speeches
- Scenes classes
Dance and Movements classes include:
- Jazz classes
- Musical Theatre Routine Classes
The course leader is Principal and West End vocal coach Leontine Hass.
“Leontine Hass has an incredible knack of understanding individual voices and knowing what needs to be done for them to improve. Having completed the part time Musical Theatre course at Associated Studios and also had individual coaching with Leontine my confidence has improved massively and I would not hesitate to recommend them both.”Alice Stokoe – Previously playing the lead Sophie in Mamma Mia (West-End)
Who should apply:
- Recent University graduates, new to the industry keen to further their skills
- Dancers and actors keen to discover and develop their skills in Musical Theatre
- Aspiring Musical Theatre performers
- Performers keen to audition for our full-time diplomas who need time to improve their skills
Our courses are about individual journeys and the opportunity to expand and develop your skills. Our 4 Month Foundation Musical Theatre course is designed to allow less experienced performers to continue their regular work whilst taking the opportunity to develop their skills. This course is a chance to build the foundations required in order to move on to further training. We offer training at the highest levels, and focus on allowing performers to develop in accordance with their needs, whilst allowing you to build contacts with eminent theatre practitioners from all sides of the industry. Applicants must be over 18 to apply, and we welcome international applicants.
Fees and Finance:
- Course Cost: £2,590
- Following acceptance of an offer to join the course, the deposit for the course is 25% of the full fee (50% for overseas students)
All Course fees may be paid in instalments. In instances of financial difficulty we sometimes allow lengthy instalment plans.
For further information on financial assistance to support your learning, please visit the GOV.UK website or contact the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900.
How to Apply:
We are auditioning on a monthly basis.
Performers interested in applying should apply by submitting the form on the right or send their current performing CV and headshot (or short bio covering performances) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7385 2038.
Places are strictly limited to a maximum of 18. There is a £30 non-refundable application fee. This applies to all applicants and covers the cost of the panel, venue and accompanist.
Overseas Applicants We welcome international applicants. If you are unable to attend an audition, your application should also include a DVD or demo tape of at least two contrasting songs, and nominate two industry members of standing to support your application. The Associated Studios London are unable to assist with any visa or migration related issues. To verify you fulfil the criteria to enter the UK, please check with the UKBA.